Dreamloops Hike - Eltz Castle Panorama
Lace up your boots and go hiking with Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation.
Assigned 76 adventure points by the German Hiking Institute, the Eltzer Burgpanorama was awarded “Germany’s most beautiful hiking trail” by Walking Magazine in 2013. The Eltzer Burgpanorama combines stunning views of the Mosel Plateau, forest valleys with gushing rivers and a trip back to the middle ages at the fairytale-like Eltz Castle. Rest and refreshment is available at the castle, and the trail ends where it begins, making your return easy and stress free.
Length: 12.6 km
Estimated Hike Time: +/- 4 hours
Price: $29 per person
- Round trip transportation
- Hiking guide
What to bring:
- Comfortable, weather and activity appropriate shoes and clothing
- Windbreaker/water-proof jacket/rain gear
- Bag lunch/snacks, and water/energy drinks
- Military ID
Departure: 8 a.m.
Return: Around 6 p.m.
All reservations must be made through Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation. Sign up today by contacting:
Army Outdoor Recreation, Kaiserslautern Community
Pulaski Barracks, Bldg. 2905
- Cancellations requested 48 hours prior to trip departure will receive a 90% refund.
- Cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to departure will receive a 50% refund.
- There is no refund for no-shows or cancellations made less than 12 hours prior to departure.
- In the event that an individual passenger is not able to participate in a confirmed trip due to COVID restrictions placed on the passenger, full cancellation penalties may be applied based on the date of the customer's cancellation
- In the event that a customer cancellation results in a fee charged to Outdoor Recreation, regardless of the date of or reason for that cancellation, the total sum of those fees will be passed along to the customer.
COVID Precautions (Current as of 15 April, 2022. May be superseded by Local/State/Federal level laws):
- Continuing until further notice, all Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation trips fall under the German 3G rule:
- Service is restricted to vaccinated, recovered, or recently tested personnel (Antigen test valid for 24hrs, PCR test valid for 48hrs).
- Persons who cannot be vaccinated against the coronavirus for medical reasons (with a qualified medical certificate and children up to and including the age of 11 are exempt.
- Masks covering your nose and mouth must be worn on ODR vehicles whenever required by local law.
- In the event that an individual passenger is not able to participate in a confirmed trip due to COVID restrictions placed on the passenger, full cancellation penalties may be applied based on the date of the customer's cancellation.
- All participants are required to be in compliance with the rules for their destination and all countries of transit as listed in the Travel Planner on https://reopen.europa.eu at the time of departure.
- All Travel/COVID Documentation is the responsibility of the passenger.
- PCR and RAT (Rapid Antigen Tests) are the only approved testing methods. Self tests are not authorized for international travel.
- No refunds will be offered to passengers who are denied boarding or are removed from a trip for failure to follow COVID procedures.
- Trip timelines and schedule and COVID precautions are subject to change at any time.
- Hands must be sanitized before boarding ODR vehicles.
- Enter and exit through the rear door only.
- Seats may be assigned by ODR in advance to promote physical distancing and contact tracing. Requests for specific seats are not being accepted.
Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation
Military DSN (314) 493-4117