Date: Aug 11, 8 a.m. - Aug 14, 6 p.m.
Go fly– or spinning reel- fishing in the Austrian Alps on the shores of the crystal clear Zeinissee in Galtür, Austria!
This special fishing trip will delight all anglers looking for a challenge at a beautiful and scenic new destination, and offers the chance to go fly or spinning-reel fishing. Based out of the 3 star Alpen Gasthof Zeinisjoch on the shores of the privately owned Zeinissee, you will spend the weekend fishing in your choice of 7 fishing sites, including a private lake and 2 private mountain streams, reserved solely for fly fisherman. Here, between 1500 and 2000 meters above sea level, you will cast your lure into some of the cleanest waters in Austria by day, and enjoy Tirolean hospitality by night. A tourist fishing license is included, transportation between the fishing sites is available, and your daily catch will be cooked for you by our friendly hosts, or frozen for return to Kaiserslautern.
Even if you don’t fish (or if you have caught your daily limit), you will enjoy Galtür, known far and wide for it’s beautiful scenery, clean air, and easy access to hiking, biking, climbing, paragliding, and so much more.
Graduate from the local stocked ponds and fish farms. Reserve your space on this “reel” fishing trip with Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation!
- With Fishing License: $399 per person
- Single Occupancy: $449
- Non-Fishers: $349 p.p.
- Round trip transportation
- 3 nights accommodation at Alpengasthof Zeinisjoch with daily breakfast and dinner
- 2 day tourist fishing license
- Spinning Reel Fishing gear (or use your own)
- Daily keep limit 4/day (must be over 30 cm, undersized fish must be released)
- River sections limited to catch and release fly fishing only
- No age limit
- No barbed hooks or live bait (worms/insects allowed)
Departure: 8 a.m. from Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation, Pulaski Barracks bldg. 2905
Return: Around 6 p.m. on Monday
- Empty hotel rooms will be cancelled on Monday, July 10
What to Bring:
- Comfortable, weather appropriate shoes and clothing
- Hat, sunscreen, sunglasses, rain jacket
- Fishing equipment (or use our spinning-reel gear)
- Still or video camera
- Euro (no ATM access)
- Military ID and Passport
All reservations must be made through Army Outdoor Recreation. Sign up today by contacting:
Army Outdoor Recreation, Kaiserslautern Community
Pulaski Barracks, Bldg. 2905
- Tel: +49 (0)631-3406-4117
- Military DSN Tel: (314)493-4117