Bavarian Christmas Markets Shopping Spree
Save up to $150 per person our amazing package deal and have more money to spend while you shop ‘til you drop at four of the world’s best known Christmas Markets!
Shop ‘til you drop at four of the world’s most best known Christmas Markets, on one special trip.
In Salzburg, you will have the chance to shop at several Christmas Markets, ranging from the traditional market around the cathedral to the medieval market at Salzburg Fortress. Exploring the City of Mozart during this special time is a treat for all due to the wide variety of choices you have. After a short drive to Munich, you will check into your hotel, within walking distance of the traditional and non-traditional markets in the Bavarian Capital.
After breakfast on Sunday, you will be whisked away to Nürnberg’s “Little Town of Wood and Cloth”, quite possibly the most famous Christmas Market in the world, a delightfully non-commercial Christmas shopper’s paradise where muzak and plastic are strictly verbotten. Don’t wrap up your shopping spree in Rothenburg, the German city most closely associated with Christmas, and home to both Kathe Wolfahrt and one of the oldest Christmas Markets in Germany until you have tried a “Rothenburg Snowball” and seen the intact medieval city walls.
If you go on the Christmas Market Shopping Spree, you will save over $150 per person over the equivalent express trips to the same destinations. Spaces on this trip will not be available for long! Reserve yours today with Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation!
- Adults: $229 per person
- Single Occupancy: $279
- Child and infant rates available upon request based on child ages and required room configuration
- Empty rooms will be cancelled on Monday, November 8
- Reservations made on or after Tuesday, November 9 may be subject to re-booking fees or other price supplements from the hotel
- Round trip tour bus transportation to Salzburg, Nürnberg, Rothenburg and Munich Christmas Markets*
- One overnight at a four star hotel in Downtown Munich with Sunday Breakfast
- Free digital travel guide books downloaded from Army Libraries
* In the event that one or more Christmas Markets is closed or cancelled after the cancellation deadline due to COVID, ODR reserves the right to modify the itinerary to a similar experience.
What to Bring:
- Comfortable, weather appropriate shoes and clothing
- Credit/Debit Card or Euro and VAT Forms
- Military ID, Passport and EU Digital COVID Certificate
Departure: 2 a.m.
Return: Sunday Evening
All reservations must be made through Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation. Reserve your space today by contacting:
Army Outdoor Recreation, Kaiserslautern Community
Pulaski Barracks, Bldg. 2905
- 10% cancellation fee for all cancellations made on or prior to Monday, November 8
- 35% cancellation fee for all cancellations made on or after Tuesday, November 9
- 55% cancellation fee for all cancellations made on or after Friday, November 19
- 80% cancellation fee for all cancellations made on or after Friday, November 26
- 100% cancellation fee for all cancellations made on or after Friday, December 3
- In the event that a customer cancellation results in a fee charged to Outdoor Recreation, regardless of the date of that cancellation, the total sum of those fees will be passed along to the customer.
COVID Precautions (Current as of 20 October 2021. May be superseded by Local/State/Federal level laws):
- Effective 6 November, 2021, all trips are departing from Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation, Pulaski Barracks, bldg. 2905
- Out of an abundance of caution, and to minimize the risk of a passenger being forced off a trip while crossing an international border, Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation is currently restricting international travel to fully vaccinated and fully recovered passengers and children under the minimum age for testing/quarantine. Minimum age for testing/quarantine is determined by the individual countries and may be lower than the German minimum age of 12.
- All passengers are required to be in compliance with all local laws in Austria, Rheinland-Pfalz and Bavaria.
- In general, Germany follows the 3G rule, meaning that anyone who wants to enter certain public spaces must be fully vaccinated, recovered or tested. However, some German states have implemented a 2G rule which restricts access to only fully vaccinated or recovered individuals. Additionally, private businesses often have the option to operate under the 2G rule even when not required to do so by law. ODR recommends all passengers familiarize themselves with the rules of their destination before travel.
- In the event that an individual passenger is not able to participate in a confirmed trip due to COVID restrictions placed on the passenger, full cancellation penalties may be applied based on the date of the customer's cancellation.
- All participants are required to be in compliance with the rules for their destination and all countries of transit as listed in the Travel Planner on https://reopen.europa.eu at the time of departure. For travel remaining in Germany only, all passengers are required to be in compliance with all local laws in both Rheinland-Pfalz and the destination of travel.
- All Travel/COVID Documentation is the responsibility of the passenger.
- PCR and RAT (Rapid Antigen Tests) are the only approved testing methods. Self tests are not authorized for international travel.
- No refunds will be offered to passengers who are denied boarding or are removed from a trip for failure to follow COVID procedures.
- Trip timelines and schedule and COVID precautions are subject to change at any time.
- Dependent on current COVID status at the time of departure, masks covering your nose and mouth may be required on any trip.
- Hands must be sanitized before boarding ODR vehicles.
- Enter and exit through the rear door only.
- Seats may be assigned by ODR in advance to promote physical distancing and contact tracing. Requests for specific seats are not being accepted.
ProgramKaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation
Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation
Military DSN (314) 493-4117