Date: Aug 11 2018, 7 a.m.
Join Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation on an exciting day paddling one of the many local rivers.
As we canoe down the rivers of Rhineland-Pfalz and Saarland, we will pass steeply sloped vineyards and quaint castles as we make our way downstream. Depending on conditions, options include the Sauer, Glan, Mosel or the Nahe River. These trips are a fantastic opportunity to enjoy paddling through one of the most famous regions in Germany. Because of the flow of the water and the occurrence of portage (having to get out of the water and carry the canoes), these trips are not recommended for small children (unless accompanied by 2 adults) and an adventurous spirit is recommended for all participants. Experience is not required, but for those without, be prepared for the possibility to get wet.
Enjoy the great outdoors with Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation! Reserve your space today.
- Adults: $39 per person
- Children 5-12: $29 p.p.
- Minimum age is 5
- All participants must be able to swim unassisted
- Round trip transportation
- Canoe, paddles and life jacket
- River guide/canoe instructor
- All participants must wear an approved life jacket
- If you do not fit in an ODR jacket, you must provide your own
What to bring:
- Comfortable, weather appropriate shoes and clothing
- Windbreaker/water-repellant jacket/rain gear
- Waterproof bag or container and dry clothes
- Still or video camera
- Bag lunch/snacks
- Credit/Debit card and Euro
- Military ID
Departure: 7 a.m. from Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation, Pulaski Barracks bldg. 2905 on:
Return: Around 6 p.m.
All reservations must be made through Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation. Sign up today by contacting:
Army Outdoor Recreation, Kaiserslautern Community
Pulaski Barracks, Bldg. 2905
- Tel: +49 (0)631-3406-4117
- Military DSN Tel: (314)493-4117