Date: Apr 2 2020, 10 p.m. - Apr 6 2020
Visit attractions in Hamburg, Copenhagen and Sweden on this spring break trip to Scandinavia!
Thursday: Check in
After settling into your seat you will lean back and relax while your comfortable coach whisks you away to Copenhagen. Don’t forget the essentials for your overnight ride. Blankets, pillows, power banks, snacks and drinks will all help make your journey to Denmark more enjoyable.
Friday: Hamburg - Ferry to Denmark - Hotel Check in
After you arrive in Hamburg, Germany’s second largest city, and the eighth largest city in the European Union, you will have an early breakfast and a morning tour of the city, seeing the highlights before the city begins to bustle. Once the city opens for business, you will have free time for souvenir shopping, or you can take a tour of the Port of Hamburg by boat*. After lunch, your trip to Copenhagen will continue, including a ferry ride between Germany and Denmark which crosses the Baltic Sea in just 45 minutes. Your evening in the Danish Capital is free to enjoy however you wish. Tivoli Gardens, the world’s second oldest amusement park, in the center of town and just a few blocks from your hotel, is open late for you to enjoy on the first weekend of the summer season.
Saturday: Copenhagen and Free Time
This morning begins with a city tour of Denmarks “Venice of the North”. With attractions throughout the harbor and downtown area, Copenhagen is full of surprises. After exploring the maritime metropolis, you will have plenty of free time to spend shopping, enjoying the Nyhavn district, visiting countless museums or even by taking the train to Malmo, Sweden. The half hour ride from Copenhagen train station will put you in the heart of Malmo, where you can check another country off your visited list.
Sunday: Free time or Optional Excursion to Roskilde and Helsingor
An optional excursion to Roskilde and Helsingor* will allow you to visit the 13th century gothic cathedral and the Viking Ship Museum which includes five 11th century Viking ships in its collection. Later in the day, you will visit Helsingor, where you will have an afternoon at your own leisure. Whether you visit Hamlet’s Kronborg Castle, the Shipyard Museum, Oresund Aquarium or take the ferry to Helsingborg, Sweden for shopping, you will enjoy your day at the “Narrow Strait” between Denmark and Sweden.
Monday: Return to Kaiserslautern
After breakfast rest and relax while the bus returns you to Kaiserslautern.
- Adults: $499 per person
- Single Supplement: $679
- Children 4-11 sharing family or adjoining rooms with 2 paid adults: $429 p.c.
- Children under 4: $179
- Room assignments for families will be determined individually by the hotels based on their specific capacity and available room types.
- Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation will request Family rooms upon customer request, but does not guarantee the requested room configuration will be available or assigned by the hotel.
Deadline: Reserve your space before Monday, February 24
- Boat tour of Port of Hamburg: €18 p.p./ €14 p.c.
- Visit to Roskilde and Kronburg Castle: €48 p.p./ €35 p.c.
* Optional excursion paid directly to tour manager
- Round trip bus transportation
- 3 nights lodging at a three star hotel in Copenhagen City Center
- Daily breakfast
- Guided tour of Hamburg
- Guided tour of Copenhagen
- Free electronic travel guidebooks downloaded from Army Libraries
What to Bring:
- Comfortable, weather appropriate shoes and clothing
- Credit/Debit card or Euro/Danish Crowns
- Military ID and Passport
Departure: 10 p.m. from Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation, Pulaski Barracks, bldg. 2905
Return: Monday Evening
All reservations must be made through Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation. Reserve your space today by contacting:
Army Outdoor Recreation, Kaiserslautern Community
Pulaski Barracks, Bldg. 2905
- 10% cancellation fee for all cancellations made before Monday, March 2
- 40% cancellation fees for all cancellations made on or after Monday, March 2
- 60% cancellation fees for all cancellations made on or after Thursday, March 12
- 70% cancellation fees for all cancellations made on or after Thursday, March 19
- 100% cancellation fee for all cancellations made on or after Thursday, March 26
- In the event that a customer cancellation results in a fee charged to Outdoor Recreation, regardless of the date of that cancellation, the total sum of those fees will be passed along to the customer.
- Tel: +49 (0)631-3406-4117
- Military DSN Tel: (314)493-4117