Date: May 21 2020, 9 a.m. - May 25 2020
Thursday: Kaiserslautern to Croatia
You will know you have arrived at a beach front paradise when you check into your four star hotel, just steps away from both paved and sandy beaches. All your meals are included at the hotel with your all inclusive package and the only thing you will need to worry about is how to spend your free time in Croatia! Fortunately for you, the Sol Aurora Hotel offers information about the countless activities which make up the Istrian experience.
Spending the day Pula will give you the chance to see ancient Roman buildings, including the Temple of Augustus, the Gate of Hercules and Pula Arena, one of the worlds best preserved Roman amphitheaters. The lively fish market and Aquarium Pula highlight Croatia’s connection to the sea. Returning to the hotel in the afternoon will give you time to enjoy the beach, play in the water, visit the city of Umag, or use the four star facilities in the hotel.
Saturday/Sunday: Free Days
How will you spend your free time in Croatia? Umag has 9 beaches including some of the best beaches in Istria, one of which is Aurora beach which is just a few steps from your hotel. Your all inclusive hotel offers free bicycle rentals allowing you to reach the city of Umag in just 15 pedal powered minutes or a 45 minute walk along the coast. In the area around the hotel you will find tennis, mini-golf, bowling and riding, while the areas watersports centers offer diving, sailing, parasailing, banana boats, pedal boats, sailing, motorboat rentals and more. You will only be bored in Croatia if you choose to be.
Monday: Return to Kaiserslautern
Your return flight doesn't take off until tonight, so you will still be able to use your day to enjoy the Istrian beaches and coastline. With a short flight connecting Croatia and Germany, you will have more time on the ground in Croatia and less time in transit.
- Double Occupancy: $899 per person / $999 on or after Tuesday, March 3
- Single Occupancy: $1099 / $1229 on or after Tuesday, March 3
- Up to two children 7-11 sharing a family room with two paid adults: $649 p.c. / $729 p.c. on or after Tuesday, March 3
- Up to two children 4-6 sharing a family room with two paid adults: $579 p.c. / $649 p.c. on or after Tuesday, March 3
- Up to two children 2-3 sharing a family room with two paid adults: $449 p.c.
- Children 0-1: $99 p.c.
Lufthansa Deadline: Reserve your space before Wednesday, March 11
- Round trip transportation from Pulaski Barracks including airfare and airport shuttles
- 4 nights all inclusive lodging at a beachfront 4 star Superior hotel
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Snacks at the pool from 11a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Drinks at the hotel bar from 8 a.m. - 11 p.m.
- Half day guided tour of Pula
What to Bring:
- Comfortable, weather appropriate shoes and clothing
- Credit/Debit Card or Croatian Kuna
- Military ID and Passport
Departure: 9 a.m. from Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation, Pulaski Barracks, bldg. 2905
Return: Around 10 p.m.
All reservations must be made through Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation. Sign up today by contacting Army Outdoor Recreation, Kaiserslautern Community
Pulaski Barracks, Bldg. 2905
Download and complete the reservation form (.pdf) before contacting Army Outdoor Recreation to reserve your space.
- 10% fee for cancellations made until Wednesday, March 11
- 10% fee plus 165 Euro per person for cancellations made on or after Thursday, March 12
- 40% fee for cancellations made on or after Monday, April 20
- 80% fee for cancellations made on or after Wednesday, April 29
- 95% fee for cancellations made on or after Wednesday, May 6
- 100% fee for cancellations made on or after Thursday, May 14
- In the event that a customer cancellation results in a charge to Outdoor Recreation, that charge will be passed on to the customer, regardless of the date of or reason for cancellation.
- Tel: +49 (0)631-3406-4117
- Military DSN Tel: (314)493-4117