Dreamloops Hike - Devil's Castle
Lace up your boots, and go hiking with Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation!
Hike to the Devil’s Castle, one of Saarland’s most popular trails.
Possessing sweeping views of the Saar River Valley, and built sometime before 1370, the Teufelberg, or Devil’s Castle is a popular hiking destination. The hike to Devil’s Castle starts near a paragliding take off point and passes through one of the largest Acacia forests in the Saar-Lor-Lux region. At the end of your hike you will arrive where you began, making your return easy and stress free.
Length: 12 km
Estimated Duration: 4-5 hours
- $29 per person
- Round trip transportation
- Hiking guide
What to bring:
- Comfortable, weather appropriate boots and clothing
- Windbreaker/water-proof jacket/rain gear
- Bag lunch/snacks, and water/energy drinks
- Military ID
Departure: 8 a.m.
Return: Around 6 p.m.
All reservations must be made through Army Outdoor Recreation. Sign up today by contacting:
Army Outdoor Recreation, Kaiserslautern Community
Pulaski Barracks, Bldg. 2905
- Cancellations requested 48 hours prior to trip departure will receive a 90% refund.
- Cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to departure will receive a 50% refund.
- There is no refund for no-shows or cancellations made less than 12 hours prior to departure
COVID Precautions (Current on 29 June, 2021. May be superseded by Local/State/Federal level laws):
- All participants are required to be in compliance with the rules for their destination and all countries of transit as listed in the Travel Planner on https://reopen.europa.eu at the time of departure. For travel remaining in Germany only, all passengers are required to be in compliance with all local laws in both Rheinland-Pfalz and the destination of travel (Bundesland).
- All Travel/COVID Documentation is the responsibility of the passenger.
- PCR and RAT (Rapid Antigen Tests) are the only approved testing methods. Self tests are not authorized for ODR travel.
- No refunds will be offered to passengers who are denied boarding or are removed from a trip for failure to follow COVID procedures.
- Trip timelines and schedule and COVID precautions are subject to change at any time.
- All trips are departing from the Pulaski Sports Pavilion in Pulaski Park until further notice.
- Masks covering your nose and mouth are required when boarding, disembarking or inside ODR vehicles.
- Hands must be sanitized before boarding ODR vehicles.
- Enter and exit through the rear door only.
- Seats may be assigned by ODR in advance to promote physical distancing and contact tracing. Requests for specific seats are not being accepted.
- Eating is not authorized in ODR vehicles.
ProgramKaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation
Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation
Military DSN (314) 493-4117