Date: Aug 22 2020, 1 a.m.
Visit Dresden, the rebuilt East German metropolis!
While it took 60 years to complete the rebuilding of Dresden after World War 2, the capital of the Freestate of Saxony is once again “Florence on the Elbe”. As you marvel at the beautiful city, you will see not only the Baroque architecture Dresden is famous for but many other building styles and over 13,000 cultural monuments. In Dresden, you can visit multiple museums, enjoy stunning views of the old town from both sides of the Elbe river, and take a visit to Pfund’s Dairy, holder of the Guinness World Record for the “World’s Most Beautiful Milk Shop”. The German tradition of Coffee and Cake (Gaffee un Guchn) originates in Saxony, and you will want to save time for an afternoon “Coffee Cruise” on one of the steam powered paddleboats plying the river. But instead of saving room for dessert, in Dresden you will want to save room for a hearty dinner of many Saxon specialties. A free e-travelguide downloaded from Army libraries will help you find everything you wish to see in Dresden.
Before traveling with Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation, make sure you are authorized to do so, have the proper travel documents, and have familiarized yourself with our Coronavirus Precautionary Practices.
Reserve your space on this trip to the “Jewelbox” with Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation today!
- Adults: $99 per person
- Children under 12: $69 p.c.
- Round trip transportation
- Free digital travel guidebook downloaded from Army Libraries
What To Bring:
- Comfortable and weather appropriate shoes and clothing
- Credit/Debit card or Euro
- VAT forms
- Military ID
Departure: 1 a.m.
Return: Around 4 a.m. on Sunday
All reservations must be made through Army Outdoor Recreation or Webtrac. Sign up today by contacting:
Army Outdoor Recreation, Kaiserslautern Community
Pulaski Barracks, Bldg. 2905
- Cancellations requested 48 hours prior to trip departure will receive a 90% refund.
- Cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to departure will receive a 50% refund.
- There are no refunds for no-shows or cancellations made less than 12 hours prior to departure.
- In the event that a customer cancellation results in a fee charged to Outdoor Recreation, regardless of the date of or reason for that cancellation, the total sum of those fees will be passed along to the customer.
- Trip timelines and schedule are subject to change at any time due to changes in COVID restrictions.
- All trips are departing from the Pulaski Sports Pavilion in Pulaski Park until further notice.
- Masks covering your nose and mouth are required at all times on the bus.
- Hands must be sanitized before boarding the bus.
- Enter and exit through the rear door only.
- Seats may be assigned in advance to promote physical distancing and contact tracing. Requests for specific seats are not being accepted.
- All passengers must provide full name, physical address and phone number for contact tracing purposes.
- Eating and drinking in ODR vehicles is not authorized
- All Travel Documentation is the responsibility of the passenger. Border restrictions may occur at any time without warning. Many European countries are expected to continue entry restrictions for personnel traveling only on US Tourist Passports. Therefore ODR strongly recommends that all travelers travel with both their tourist and official passports and/or SOFA card.
- Tel: +49 (0)631-3406-4117
- Military DSN Tel: (314)493-4117