Garmisch Summer Weekend at Edelweiss Lodge and Resort
Mid August is the perfect time to spend a long weekend at the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort.
As of 22 July, 1 room for a maximum of 3 people remains available. This room will remain available until 5 pm on Tuesday, 28 July, or it is booked, whichever happens first. Reserve your space today to enjoy a long summer weekend in Garmisch-Partenkirchen!
Mid August is the perfect time to spend a long weekend at the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort. Perfectly placed in the heart of the Bavarian Alps, you will have plenty to do in this mountain paradise. Both Innsbruck and Munich are about an hour away by train, as is the summit of Germany’s highest peak, the Zugspitze. Surrounded by mountains, Garmisch has countless cable cars, hiking and biking trails, allowing you to enjoy the summer sunshine in the peaks and valleys. If you would like to do something more organized, the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort will be offering tours to Neuschwanstein Castle and Dachau Concentration Camp during your stay, and adventure excursions to the Oberammergau Alpine Coaster, the Partnach Gorge, and Ehrenberg Castle Ruins.
If all that wasn't enough to do in Garmisch, this week is also the weekend of the Partenkirchner Fest. The more historic and traditional of Garmisch-Partenkirchen’s two summer festivals is held near the Wank Cablecar, and provides you a taste of the world famous Oktoberfest.
You will not be bored in Garmisch this August. Reserve your space today.
- Double Occupancy: $349 per person
- Single Occupancy: $479
- Up to 3 children under 18 sharing room with 2 paid adults: $149 p.c.
- Round trip transportation
- 3 nights stay at Edelweiss Lodge and Resort
What to Bring:
- Comfortable, weather appropriate shoes and clothing
- Credit/Debit card or Euro
- Military ID and Passport
Departure: 8 a.m.
Return: Monday Evening
All reservations must be made through Army Outdoor Recreation. Sign up today by contacting:
Army Outdoor Recreation, Kaiserslautern Community
Pulaski Barracks, Bldg. 2905
- 10% Cancellation fee for cancellations made on or before Tuesday, July 14
- 10% plus $405 (Edelweiss Room Cancellation Fee) for cancellations made on or after Wednesday, July 15
- In the event that a customer cancellation results in a fee charged to Outdoor Recreation, regardless of the date of or reason for that cancellation, the total sum of those fees will be passed along to the customer.
- Trip timelines and schedule are subject to change at any time due to changes in COVID restrictions.
- All trips are departing from the Pulaski Sports Pavilion in Pulaski Park until further notice.
- Masks covering your nose and mouth are required at all times on the bus.
- Hands must be sanitized before boarding the bus.
- Enter and exit through the rear door only.
- Seats may be assigned in advance to promote physical distancing and contact tracing. Requests for specific seats are not being accepted.
- All passengers must provide full name, physical address and phone number for contact tracing purposes.
- Eating and drinking in ODR vehicles is not authorized
- All Travel Documentation is the responsibility of the passenger. Border restrictions may occur at any time without warning. Many European countries are expected to continue entry restrictions for personnel traveling only on US Tourist Passports. Therefore ODR strongly recommends that all travelers travel with both their tourist and official passports and/or SOFA card.