Imperial Weekend - Budapest and Vienna
Thursday: Check in
After settling into your seat you will lean back and relax while your comfortable coach whisks you away to Budapest, the first destination in your multi-city trip. Don’t forget the essentials for your overnight ride. Blankets, pillows, power banks, and drinks will all help make your overnight journey to Hungary more enjoyable.
After you arrive in Budapest, drop off your luggage at your four star hotel and have breakfast, you will take part in a guided orientation tour of the city. Budapest was created by joining two cities, Buda, with the old royal castle on the hill, and Pest, where the city center lies next to the Danube river. After your morning tour you will be free to enjoy the city however you like. Shopping on the Vaci Utca, visiting the Turkish Baths, and enjoying the riverside promenade are always popular choices. Fans of the James Bond film “Goldeneye” will not want to miss Memento Park, the resting place of 40 Soviet statues, plaques and memorials which were removed from the city at the end of the Cold War.
Saturday: Free day or optional excursion to Bratislava*
The choice is yours today. Will you visit Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia, or enjoy more of Budapest’s culture and attractions? Also on the Danube, the city of Bratislava is also a former Hapsburg Imperial Capital, and features a castle and a small but interesting city center along the river. This is your chance to eat at the UFO restaurant on the peak of the Most SNP, the bridge crossing the Danube River from the city center. Your evening will be spent in Budapest, and will be another opportunity for you to enjoy Hungarian cuisine and hospitality.
When you arrive in Vienna, the capital of Austria, and the home of the Imperial Hapsburg family, you will be stepping back in time to the 19th century. While the city has all the modern conveniences, including a Hard Rock Café, the city center maintains its 19th century appearance and feel, complete with horse and carriage rides and much more. After an orientation tour of the Imperial Capital, you will be free to explore the Hofburg, St. Stephen’s Cathedral, watch a performance of the Lipizzaner Stallions at the Spanish Riding School or the Vienna Boy’s Choir, or visit the Prater amusement park. Your tour manager can even assist with making plans for the evening, if you would like to go to the opera, concerts or dinner.
Monday: Return to Kaiserslautern
After breakfast, a stop at Schönbrunn Palace** will allow you to visit the gardens before your afternoon return drive to Kaiserslautern.
* Optional excursion paid directly to tour manager
** Optional Palace entry not included
Price, on or prior to 30 April, 2022:
- Double Occupancy: $549 per person
- Single Occupancy: $699
Price, on or after 1 May, 2022:
- Double Occupancy: $599 per person
- Single Occupancy: $749
- Up to 2 children under 12 in family room or adjoining double room with 2 paid adults: $479 per child
- Infants under 3 in existing bedding with 1 paid adult: $229
- Round trip tour bus transportation
- 2 overnights at Novotel Budapest Danube**** or equivalent
- 1 overnight at Eurostars Embassy**** or equivalent
- Daily breakfast (including upon arrival in Budapest)
- Guided tours of Vienna and Budapest
Optional Excursion, paid on site to tour manager, cash only:
- Day trip to Bratislava: €35 per person
What to Bring:
- Comfortable, weather appropriate shoes and clothing
- Credit/Debit Card or Euro and Hungarian Forints
- Military ID, Passport and EU Digital COVID Certificate
Departure: 6 p.m.
Return: Around 11 p.m.
All reservations must be made through Army Outdoor Recreation. Sign up today by contacting
Army Outdoor Recreation, Kaiserslautern Community
Pulaski Barracks, Bldg. 2905
All participants are required to be in compliance with the vaccination/testing rules for their destination and all countries of transit as listed in the Travel Planner on https://reopen.europa.eu at the time of departure and throughout the trip.
- 10% cancellation fee for all cancellations made on or prior to Friday, May 13
- 40% cancellation fee for all cancellations made on or after Monday, May 16
- 60% cancellation fee for all cancellations made on or after Thursday, May 26
- 70% cancellation fee for all cancellations made on or after Thursday, June 2
- 100% cancellation fee for all cancellations made on or after Thursday, June 9
COVID Precautions (Current as of 15 April, 2022. May be superseded by Local/State/Federal level laws):
- Continuing until further notice, all Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation trips fall under the German 3G rule:
- Service is restricted to vaccinated, recovered, or recently tested personnel (Antigen test valid for 24hrs, PCR test valid for 48hrs).
- Persons who cannot be vaccinated against the coronavirus for medical reasons (with a qualified medical certificate and children up to and including the age of 11 are exempt.
- Masks covering your nose and mouth must be worn on ODR vehicles whenever required by local law.
- In the event that an individual passenger is not able to participate in a confirmed trip due to COVID restrictions placed on the passenger, full cancellation penalties may be applied based on the date of the customer's cancellation.
- All participants are required to be in compliance with the rules for their destination and all countries of transit as listed in the Travel Planner on https://reopen.europa.eu at the time of departure.
- All Travel/COVID Documentation is the responsibility of the passenger.
- PCR and RAT (Rapid Antigen Tests) are the only approved testing methods. Self tests are not authorized for international travel.
- No refunds will be offered to passengers who are denied boarding or are removed from a trip for failure to follow COVID procedures.
- Trip timelines and schedule and COVID precautions are subject to change at any time.
- Hands must be sanitized before boarding ODR vehicles.
- Enter and exit through the rear door only.
- Seats may be assigned by ODR in advance to promote physical distancing and contact tracing. Requests for specific seats are not being accepted.
Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation
Military DSN (314) 493-4117