Date: Mar 19 2020, 6 p.m. - Mar 23 2020, 9 p.m.
Spend a long weekend along the Danube river in three Hapsburg imperial cities, Vienna, Bratislava, and Budapest.
Thursday: Check in
After settling into your seat you will lean back and relax while your comfortable coach whisks you away to Budapest, the first destination in your multi-city trip. Don’t forget the essentials for your overnight ride. Blankets, pillows, power banks, snacks and drinks will all help make your journey to Hungary more enjoyable.
After you arrive in Budapest, drop off your luggage at the hotel and have breakfast, you will take part in a guided orientation tour of the city. Budapest was created by joining two cities, Buda, with the old royal castle on the hill, and Pest, where the city center lies next to the Danube river. After your morning tour you will be free to enjoy the city however you like. Shopping on the Vaci Utca, visiting the Turkish Baths, and enjoying the riverside promenade are always popular choices. Fans of the James Bond film “Goldeneye” will not want to miss Memento Park, the resting place of 40 Soviet statues, plaques and memorials which were removed from the city at the end of the Cold War.
Saturday: Free day or optional excursion to Bratislava*
The choice is yours today. Will you visit Bratislava, the capital of Slovakia, or enjoy more of Budapest’s culture and attractions? Also on the Danube, the city of Bratislava is also a former Hapsburg Imperial Capital, and features a castle and a small but interesting city center along the river. This is your chance to eat at the UFO restaurant on the peak of the Most SNP, the bridge crossing the Danube River from the city center. Your evening will be spent in Budapest, and will be another opportunity for you to enjoy Hungarian cuisine and hospitality.
When you arrive in Vienna, the capital of Austria, and the home of the Imperial Hapsburg family, you will be stepping back in time to the 19th century. While the city has all the modern conveniences, including a Hard Rock Café, the city center maintains its 19th century appearance and feel, complete with horse and carriage rides and much more. After an orientation tour of the Imperial Capital, you will be free to explore the Hofburg, St. Stephen’s Cathedral, watch a performance of the Lipizzaner Stallions at the Spanish Riding School or the Vienna Boy’s Choir, or visit the Prater amusement park. Your tour manager can even assist with making plans for the evening, if you would like to go to the opera, concerts or dinner.
Monday: Return to Kaiserslautern
After breakfast, you will stop at Schönbrunn Palace** will allow you to visit the gardens before your afternoon return drive to Kaiserslautern.
* Optional excursion paid directly to tour manager
** Optional Palace entry not included
- Double Occupancy: $479 per person
- Single Occupancy: $599
- Up to two children under 12 in family room or adjoining double rooms with 2 paid adults: $349 p.c.
- Infants under 3 in existing bedding: $199 p.c.
- Room assignments for families will be determined by the hotels based on their specific capacity and available room types.
- Families will be assigned to either Family Rooms or adjoining double rooms by the hotels.
- Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation does not guarantee any requested room configuration will be assigned by any particular hotel.
Deadlines and Discounts:
- Empty hotel rooms will be cancelled on Tuesday, February 18
- Round trip tour bus transportation
- 2 overnights at a 4 star hotel in Budapest
- 1 overnight at a 4 star hotel in Vienna
- Daily breakfast (including upon arrival in Budapest)
- Guided tours of Vienna and Budapest
Optional Excursions, paid in cash to tour manager:
- Day trip to Bratislava: €35 per person
What to Bring:
- Comfortable, weather appropriate shoes and clothing
- Credit/Debit Card or Euro and Hungarian Forints
- Military ID and Passport
Departure: 6 p.m. on Thursday, March 19 from Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation, Pulaski Barracks, bldg. 2905
Return: Monday Evening
All reservations must be made through Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation. Reserve your space today by contacting:
Army Outdoor Recreation, Kaiserslautern Community
Pulaski Barracks, Bldg. 2905
- 10% Cancellation fee for all cancellations made before Monday, February 17
- 40% Cancellation fee for cancellations made on or after Monday, February 17
- 50% Cancellation fee for cancellations made on or after Wednesday, February 26
- 70% cancellation fee for all cancellations made on or after Wednesday March 4
- 100% cancellation fee for cancellations made on or after Thursday, March 12
- In the event that a customer cancellation results in a fee charged to Outdoor Recreation, regardless of the date of that cancellation, the total sum of those fees will be passed along to the customer.
- Tel: +49 (0)631-3406-4117
- Military DSN Tel: (314)493-4117