Date: Feb 24 2020, 8 a.m.
The 71 krewes of Mainz invite you to spend Rose Monday at one of the most famous Fasching parades in Mainz, Germany.
Fasching is the German version of Mardi Gras. In a last minute blow out before Lent you can witness the 7 kilometer long parade, which includes 95 music formations, 3,100 musicians, 200 riders, 35 draught horses, 137 “foolish” cars, 20 politically themed cars, 120 tractors and tractors, 100 flags and “swollen heads”, and countless bizarrely costumed spectators and revelers enjoying life before the fun abruptly ends on Ash Wednesday. Fasching is the final festival before Easter, don't miss your last chance to party before the start of 40 days and 40 nights of Lent!
Reserve your space for this unique cultural experience, and start putting together your costume!
Price: $39 per person
- Round Trip Transportation
What to Bring:
- Comfortable, weather appropriate shoes and clothing
- Still or video camera
- Credit/Debit card or Euro
- Military ID
Departure: 8 a.m. from Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation, Pulaski Barracks bldg. 2905
Return: Around 7 p.m.
All reservations must be made through Army Outdoor Recreation or Webtrac. Sign up today by contacting:
Army Outdoor Recreation, Kaiserslautern Community
Pulaski Barracks, Bldg. 2905
- Cancellations requested 48 hours prior to trip departure will receive a 90% refund.
- Cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to departure will receive a 50% refund.
- There is no refund for no-shows or cancellations made less than 12 hours prior to departure.
- Tel: +49 (0)631-3406-4117
- Military DSN Tel: (314)493-4117