Date: Jul 4 2019, 10:30 a.m. - Jul 7 2019
Spend 4th of July Weekend on the Sunny Islands of Malta, known far and wide for history, wine, and water sports.
From your 4 star hotel in the center of Qawra, a typical Maltese Mediterranean village on St. Paul’s Bay, you will find yourself conveniently close to Bugibba Perched Beach, the Maltese National Aquarium, Bugibba Water Park, and multiple dive sites and dive shops. You may be tempted to stay in Qawra and enjoy the amenities of the hotel including indoor and outdoor pools, a sauna, fitness room and massage center, but if you want venture further afield you will find your choice of many bus and boat day trips, including visits to the historic cities of Valetta and Mdina. You can cruise to the Blue Lagoon at Comino, or you can take a day tour of the island of Gozo where you can visit the 7000 year old temples and Game of Thrones filming sites. If playing in the water is more your speed, you will be glad to know that Malta is a world renowned SCUBA and snorkeling destination where you can find countless ways to have fun in the sun, including jet ski rentals, party boats, water-jet-packing and so much more.
Malta gets 300 days of sunshine every year! Reserve your space today to enjoy 4 of them, however you wish, with Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation.
- Adults: $1099 per person
- Single Occupancy: $1249
- Child and infant rates upon request based on required room and airline requirements
Airline Deadline: On or after Friday, April 19, additional airline price supplements may apply.
- Round trip transportation from Pulaski Barracks including airfare and all airport shuttles
- 4 nights lodging at Hotel Santana**** or equivalent with daily breakfast and dinner
- Free e-travel guidebook downloaded from Army Libraries
What to Bring:
- Comfortable, weather appropriate shoes & clothing
- Swimwear, towel, hats, sunglasses
- Still or video camera
- Credit/Debit card or Euro
- Military ID and Passport
Departure: 10:30 a.m. from Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation, Pulaski Barracks, bldg. 2905
Return: Around 10 p.m.
All reservations must be made through Army Outdoor Recreation. Sign up today by contacting:
Army Outdoor Recreation, Kaiserslautern Community
Pulaski Barracks, Bldg. 2905
To speed up your registration process, download and complete the reservation packet (.pdf) before you contact Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation to reserve your space.
- Cancellations initiated by Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation will be fully refundable.
- For customer cancellations made on or after Thursday, April 18, in addition to the standard Outdoor Recreation 10% cancellation fee, non-refundable third party fees may apply.
- If payment plan is made, initial deposit is not refundable under any circumstances
- Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation strongly recommends purchasing travel insurance from a licensed vendor for this trip. Travel Insurance is available from USAA, ADAC and many credit card providers.
- 1 piece of stowed luggage up to 23 kg (50 lbs) and 1 piece of hand luggage under 8 kg (18 lbs)
- Size and shape restrictions may apply at the gate, resulting in additional baggage fees
- In-flight meals and alcoholic beverages are not included
- Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation is not responsible for any changes by Lufthansa to rules after publication
- Tel: +49 (0)631-3406-4117
- Military DSN Tel: (314)493-4117