Date: May 24 2019, 6 a.m. - May 27 2019
Relive the D-Day invasion on this one-of-a-kind Memorial Day Weekend trip which will take you back 75 years in time to June 6, 1944.
From the moment you mount up on an authentic, vintage vehicle, you will spend your day immersed in 1944. Escorted by a professional historian, you will visit the draws, monuments and memorials along Omaha Beach. Your convoy of authentic vehicles will also stop at the American Interpretation Center, Normandy Cemetery, and Pointe du Hoc before wrapping up a long and emotional day. During the program you will have the chance also to familiarize yourself with German and American equipment. This Academic Excursion on Omaha Beach contains something for each of the five senses, and is a unique combination of fun and education. On Sunday our bus will take you to visit Caen Memorial (admission not included), St. Mere Eglise and Utah Beach, or you can spend the day exploring the beautiful, historic city of Caen. If you would rather visit the island abbey of Mont. St. Michele on your free day, there are many options available for you locally to privately visit the famous island.
The 75th anniversary of the Normandy invasions will never come again. Reserve your space with Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation today!
- Adults: $499 per person
- Single Occupancy: $649
- 1 child under 12 in Triple Room with 2 paid adults: $399 p.p.
- Round trip tour bus transportation
- 3 nights lodging at Hotel de l'Univers*** or equivalent
- Daily breakfast
- “BLOODY OMAHA” Academic Excursion with professional historical guide, authentic vehicles, included lunch, memorabilia, and visits to Point du Hoc and Normandy American Cemetery
- Optional excursion to Caen Memorial (admission not included), St. Mere Eglise and Utah Beach on Sunday
- Free e-travel guidebook downloaded from Army Libraries
- “QuietVOX” audio guide system
What to Bring:
- Comfortable, weather appropriate shoes and clothing
- Still or video camera
- Debit/Credit Card or Euro
- Military ID and Passport
Departure: 6 a.m. from Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation, Pulaski Barracks, bldg. 2905
Return: Around 9 p.m.
All reservations must be made through Army Outdoor Recreation. Sign up today by contacting:
Army Outdoor Recreation, Kaiserslautern Community
Pulaski Barracks, Bldg. 2905
Outdoor Recreation Cancellation Policy
- Tel: +49 (0)631-3406-4117
- Military DSN Tel: (314)493-4117