Ski Express Season Opener - Stubai Glacier
Winter is coming, but ski season is already here!
Ride the Ski Express to one of the best slopeside parties around, the Moreboards Stubai Zoo Season Opener.
Part of the fun of pre-season skiing is attending the slopeside events which celebrate everyone’s excitement about the upcoming ski season! The Stubai Zoo Season Opener on the Stubai Glacier is targeted at new-school skiers and riders, but absolutely everyone is invited and encouraged to attend this event. A diverse program featuring Jib Battles, Trick Sessions, Snowboard and Rookie Contests, Video Workshops and Girls’ Camps will be waiting for you on the glacier. Whether or not you take part in the new school fun, this early season ski express is sure to be an amazing opening to an epic ski season.
Don’t miss this freestyle festival atop the Stubai Glacier! Reserve your space today with Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation!
- Ski Express: $99 per person
- Clothing Rental: $5 per item
- Round trip transportation
- Free Ski Equipment Rental
- Lift Tickets not included
What to Bring:
- Skis/Snowboard, boots, poles
- Hat or Helmet, sunglasses or goggles
- Waterproof outerwear, gloves or mittens
- Multiple layers of inner clothing
- FFP-2 Masks (mandatory when riding lifts, etc.)
- Credit/Debit Card and Euro
- Military ID, Passport and EU Digital COVID Certificate
Departure: 12:01 a.m.
Return: Around midnight
All reservations must be made through Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation. Sign up today by contacting:
Army Outdoor Recreation, Kaiserslautern Community
Pulaski Barracks, Bldg. 2905
- Cancellations requested 48 hours prior to trip departure will receive a 90% refund.
- Cancellations made less than 48 hours prior to departure will receive a 50% refund.
- There is no refund for no-shows or cancellations made less than 12 hours prior to departure.
COVID Precautions (Current as of 20 October 2021. May be superseded by Local/State/Federal level laws):
- Effective 6 November, 2021, all trips are departing from Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation, Pulaski Barracks, bldg. 2905
- All passengers are required to be in compliance with all local laws in both Rheinland-Pfalz and Austria.
- In general, both Germany and Austria follow the 3G rule, meaning that anyone who wants to enter certain public spaces must be fully vaccinated, recovered or tested. However, some German states have implemented a 2G rule which restricts access to only fully vaccinated or recovered individuals. Additionally, private businesses often have the option to operate under the 2G rule even when not required to do so by law. ODR recommends all passengers familiarize themselves with the rules of their destination before travel.
- In the event that an individual passenger is not able to participate in a confirmed trip due to COVID restrictions placed on the passenger, full cancellation penalties may be applied based on the date of the customer's cancellation.
- All participants are required to be in compliance with the rules for their destination and all countries of transit as listed in the Travel Planner on https://reopen.europa.eu at the time of departure. For travel remaining in Germany only, all passengers are required to be in compliance with all local laws in both Rheinland-Pfalz and the destination of travel.
- All Travel/COVID Documentation is the responsibility of the passenger.
- PCR and RAT (Rapid Antigen Tests) are the only approved testing methods. Self tests are not authorized for international travel.
- No refunds will be offered to passengers who are denied boarding or are removed from a trip for failure to follow COVID procedures.
- Trip timelines and schedule and COVID precautions are subject to change at any time.
- Dependent on current COVID status at the time of departure, masks covering your nose and mouth may be required on any trip.
- Hands must be sanitized before boarding ODR vehicles.
- Enter and exit through the rear door only.
- Seats may be assigned by ODR in advance to promote physical distancing and contact tracing. Requests for specific seats are not being accepted.
ProgramKaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation
Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation
Military DSN (314) 493-4117