Date: Feb 16 2019, 4 a.m.
Enjoy a delicious day in which we will sample both of Switzerland's favorite exports, Cailler Chocolate and Gruyères Cheese!
In the village of Broc, you will enjoy a hands-on tour of the Cailler chocolate factory. This sensory smorgasbord culminates in an all you can eat tasting! But don't stuff yourself silly, you’ll need to save room for our next stop, the La Maison du Gruyère cheese factory in Gruyères! After touring the cheese factory you can sample the local cheese at 3, 6 and 9 months of aging or buy a fondue meal in the restaurant. After both factories you will have time to visit the medieval castle or any of the other museums in the village of Gruyères.
- Adults: $99 per person
- Children under 12: $89 p.c.
- Round trip transportation to Gruyères, Switzerland
- Admission to La Maison du Gruyère cheese factory with cheese sample packet
- Admission to Nestle/Cailler chocolate factory and Chocolate Tasting
What to bring:
- Comfortable, weather appropriate shoes and clothing
- Still or video camera
- Credit/Debit card or Swiss Francs
- Military ID and Passport
Departure: 4 a.m. from Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation, Pulaski Barracks bldg. 2905
Return: Around midnight
All reservations must be made through Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation or Webtrac. Sign up today by contacting:
Army Outdoor Recreation, Kaiserslautern Community
Pulaski Barracks, Bldg. 2905
Outdoor Recreation Cancellation Policy
- Tel: +49 (0)631-3406-4117
- Military DSN Tel: (314)493-4117