Date: Aug 11 2018, 1:30 a.m.
Switzerland is well known for mountain views, chocolate and cheese. Enjoy a delicious day when you sample all three!
In Montreux, on the shores of Lake Geneva, you will board a train and enjoy first class comfort and amazing views in either a modern panorama car or a Belle Epoque Pullman car as it climbs through the mountains to the medieval village of Gruyères where you will tour La Maison du Gruyère cheese factory and taste the local cheese at 3, 6 and 9 months of aging. During your free time in Gruyères, you can visit the historic Château de Gruyères, built in the 1200’s and designated a Swiss Heritage Site of National Significance, the terrifying H.R. Giger museum, or simply enjoy the scenery, shopping and fine food in the foothills of the Swiss Alps. The highlight of the trip will be when you visit the Nestle/Cailler world headquarters in nearby Broc where you will experience a sensory smorgasbord culminating with an all you can eat chocolate tasting! After returning by alpine rail to Montreux, you will round out the day on Montreux’s Grand Rue, sightseeing or shopping while the sun sets over Lake Geneva and the French Alps.
- Adults: $169 per person
- Children under 12: $149 p.c.
- Round trip transportation to Montreux, Switzerland
- Round trip 1st class train ride from Montreux to Gruyères in Pullman or Panorama car
- Coffee and croissant on the train
- Admission to La Maison du Gruyère cheese factory with cheese sample packet
- Admission to Nestle/Cailler chocolate factory and Chocolate Tasting
- Admission to any other museums, castles or attractions not included
Departure: 1:30 a.m. from Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation, Pulaski Barracks bldg. 2905
Return: Around 1 a.m. on Sunday
Reserve your space before: 10 days prior to departure
What to bring:
- Comfortable, weather appropriate shoes and clothing
- Still or video camera
- Credit/Debit card or Swiss Francs
- Military ID and Passport
All reservations must be made through Army Outdoor Recreation or Webtrac. Sign up today by contacting:
Army Outdoor Recreation, Kaiserslautern Community
Pulaski Barracks, Bldg. 2905
Outdoor Recreation Cancellation Policy
- Tel: +49 (0)631-3406-4117
- Military DSN Tel: (314)493-4117