Date: Dec 22 2019, 6 p.m. - Jan 2 2020
Italy and Greece are two of Europe's best winter destinations, due to their history, culture, and warmer climate. This Winter Break special will stop at many of the must see locations in both countries.
22 December: Kaiserslautern - Pisa
Evening departure from Pulaski Barracks (overnight on bus)
23 December: Pisa - Florence - Rome
Arrival in Pisa and your opportunity for breakfast and sightseeing. Later on you will continue to Florence for an orientation tour highlighting the city's most famous landmarks (overnight Rome)
24 December: Rome - The Vatican Museums - Midnight Mass
Time on your own leisure, or join the group on an optional tour* by a licensed local guide of the Vatican Museums & The Sistine Chapel. In the afternoon, you will embark on a city tour of ancient Rome. There is also the opportunity for midnight mass at St Peter's Cathedral. (overnight Rome)
25 December: St Peters Square - Sorrento
This morning we have the unique opportunity for the traditional Papal Christmas Blessing at St Peter's Square. In the afternoon you will travel southwards to the Bay Of Naples and picturesque Sorrento for our next overnight stay. Enjoy the evening at your own leisure perhaps attending a traditional Tarantella Show* (overnight Sorrento)
26 December: Amalfi Coast and Positano
Enjoy the day exploring Sorrento or else join us on a full day excursion* to the Island of Capri, where Roman Emperors had their elaborate palaces with stunning views of the Bay. Later this afternoon we travel along the famous Amalfi coast to Positano. (overnight Sorrento)
27 December: Pompeii - Bari
Morning visit of the forgotten city of Pompeii, one of the best preserved Roman cities. We then continue to Bari on the Adriatic coast to board our overnight cruise to Patras (overnight onboard).
28 December: Patras - Athens
Morning arrival at Patras and continue to Athens for an orientation tour followed by hotel check in. Joined by our local guide we tour both of ancient and modern Athens. An unforgettable night out in the Plaka district is a must. See your tour guide for suggestions. (overnight Athens)
29 December: Athens - Santorini
Enjoy the day exploring Athens or maybe take a cruise over to one of the 1,400 nearby Greek islands. You may choose to join us on an optional* roundtrip flight excursion to Santorini (overnight Athens)
30 December: Delphi to Igoumenitsa
In the morning you will leave for Delphi. There will be time to explore before continuing our journey along the coast to Igoumenitsa to board our overnight cruise to Ancona, Italy. (overnight onboard)
31 December: Ancona - Padova - Venice
Morning at sea. Afternoon arrival to Ancona and continue our journey to Padova and check-in at your hotel. This is New Year's Eve and you may choose to join your tour guide to the heart of Venice for spectacular fireworks over St. Mark’s Bay. (overnight Padova)
1 Jan: Venice - Home
A waterbus will take us into Venice for an orientation tour to St Mark's Square. Arrangements can be made for a romantic and charming gondola ride*. An opportunity* for a farewell dinner will culminate this incredible journey (overnight onboard)
2 Jan : Arrival in Kaiserslautern
Morning to midday hours arrival at Pulaski Barracks.
With 12 travel days, 7 hotel overnights and 2 overnights at sea, you will have time to see and do it all! Bigger and better than previous "Ultimate Italy" trips, this improved package is truly the new modern classic. You don't need the Oracle of Delphi's wisdom to know what to do. Reserve your spaces with Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation today!
- Double Occupancy, Inside Cabin: $1389 per person
- Double Occupancy, Outside Cabin: $1449 p.p.
- Single Occupancy, Inside Cabin: $1899
- Single Occupancy, Outside Cabin: $1959
- Adult Triple Occupancy, Inside Cabin: $1374 p.p.
- Adult Triple Occupancy, Outside Cabin: $1434 p.p.
- Adult Quad Occupancy, Inside Cabin: $1299 p.p.
- Adult Quad Occupancy, Outside Cabin: $1359 p.p.
- Children 3-11 in triple room with 2 paid adults, Inside Cabin: $1124 per child
- Children 3-11 in triple room with 2 paid adults, Outside Cabin: $1184 p.c.
- Children 3-11 in quad room with 2 paid adults, Inside Cabin: $1049 p.c.
- Children 3-11 in quad room with 2 paid adults, Outside Cabin: $1109 p.c.
- Children born on or after 3 January 2017 on existing bedding: $299 p.c.
- Reserve your space before Thursday, November 7
- Flight excursion to Santorini must be booked in advance through trip vendor before Friday, November 29
- Walk on/Day of seats for Santorini are not available
- Round trip bus transportation
- 7 nights hotel accommodation in multiple 3***+ and 4**** star hotels
- 2 overnights in Rome
- 2 overnights in Sorrento
- 2 overnights in Athens
- 1 overnight in Padova
- Daily breakfast
- Overnight Cruise Bari to Patras in private cabin with breakfast
- Overnight Cruise Igoumenitsa to Ancona in private cabin with breakfast
- Guided tour of Florence
- Guided tour of Rome
- Guided tour of Pompeii
- Guided tour of Athens
- Guided tour of Delphi
- Free electronic travel guidebooks downloaded from Army Libraries
Optional Excursions (Paid on site to tour manager):
- Guided tour of Vatican Museum, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Basilica: €44 p.p./ €34 p.c.
- Rome Dinner and Illumination walking tour: €36 p.p. / €27 p.c.
- Island of Capri Guided Tour: € 79 p.p. / € 50 p.c.
- Guided Tour of Positano: € 60 p.p. / € 35 p.c.
- Gondola Ride in Venice: € 39 p.p. / € 25 p.c.
- Farewell Dinner in Venice: € 35 p.p. / € 22 p.c.
Flight Excursion from Athens to Santorini (Booked and paid in advance with trip vendor): € 130 p.p. / € 100 p.c.
- Flight Excursion to Santorini must be booked at least 30 days in advance. Walk on/Day of seats for Santorini are not available
- If plane tickets remain available on or after Friday, November 29, price supplements will apply to all new Santorini registrations.
- All Santorini bookings and inquiries are directed to the trip vendor
What to Bring:
- Comfortable, weather appropriate shoes and Vatican approved clothing
- Credit/Debit card or Euro
- Military ID and Passport
Departure: 6 p.m. from Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation, Pulaski Barracks, bldg. 2905
Return: Morning to mid-day on Thursday, January 2, 2020
All reservations must be made through Army Outdoor Recreation. Sign up today by contacting:
Army Outdoor Recreation, Kaiserslautern Community
Pulaski Barracks, Bldg. 2905
- 10% for cancellations made until Thursday, November 21
- 40% for cancellations made on or after Friday, November 22
- 50% for cancellations made on or after Monday, December 2
- 70% for cancellations made on or after Monday, December 9
- 100% for cancellations made on or after Thursday, December 19
- In the event that a customer cancellation results in a fee charged to Outdoor Recreation, regardless of the date of that cancellation, the total sum of those fees will be passed along to the customer.
- Tel: +49 (0)631-3406-4117
- Military DSN Tel: (314)493-4117