Date: Feb 14 2019, 9:30 a.m. - Feb 18 2019
Spend Valentine's Weekend searching the skies for the elusive Northern Lights in Reykjavik, Iceland.
You are mistaken if you think a winter trip to the Land of Fire and Ice will be bitterly cold and scenically unattractive. This special trip from Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation will do away with that common prejudice, because Valentine's Weekend in Iceland will be one of the most amazing travel experiences you will ever have. Due to the warming effects of the Gulf Stream and Iceland’s geothermal activity, the northernmost capital in the world is a magical place to visit and is often the same temperature or warmer than Kaiserslautern. Your package will include a guided tour of Reykjavik, a scenic tour of the volcanic and geologically active countryside, and a free day for you to use visiting the Blue Lagoon Spa, riding the famous Icelandic Horses, or taking any of the exciting excursions and tours offered by the many tour operators in Reykjavik. The highlight of your trip will be when you take a guided tour of the Aurora Center followed by a trip far from the city lights to see the Northern Lights, the Aurora Borealis.
Viewing the Northern Lights is a once in a lifetime experience! This trip has an early signup deadline, and previous trips have sold out at the speed of light. It will not wait for you to make up your mind. Download and complete the reservation packet (.pdf) and contact Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation today to reserve your space.
- Double Occupancy: $1499 per person
- Single Occupancy: $1999
- Children aged 2-11 sharing room with 2 paid adults: $1399 p.c.
- In the event of significant changes in taxes, fees or Euro/Dollar rate, price will be adjusted accordingly.
This trip is confirmed and registration will continue as long as seats remain available.
- Round trip transportation from Pulaski Barracks including airfare and airport shuttles
- 4 nights lodging at Fosshotel Rauðara*** (or equivalent) with daily breakfast
- Guided tour of Reykjavik
- Admission to Aurora Center
- Northern Lights trip
- Guided “Golden Circle” sightseeing trip
- 1 free day for your choice of Icelandic activities
- The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and their visibility is not guaranteed.
What to Bring:
- Comfortable, weather appropriate shoes & clothing incl. warm winter outerwear, hats, boots & gloves
- Quality camera with ability to change exposure times and disable flash, tripod and remote control
- Credit/Debit card or Icelandic Crowns
- Military ID and Passport
Departure: 9:30 a.m. from Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation, Pulaski Barracks bldg. 2905
Return: Around 2 p.m.
All reservations must be made through Army Outdoor Recreation. Sign up today by contacting:
Army Outdoor Recreation, Kaiserslautern Community
Pulaski Barracks, Bldg. 2905
To speed up your registration process, download and complete the reservation packet (.pdf) before you contact Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation to reserve your space.
- 1 piece of stowed luggage up to 23 kg (50 lbs) and 1 piece of hand luggage under 10 kg (22 lbs)
- Size and shape restrictions may apply at the gate, resulting in additional baggage fees
- In-flight meals and alcoholic beverages are not included
- Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation is not responsible for any changes made by IcelandAir to rules after publication
- Cancellations initiated by Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation will be fully refundable.
- For customer cancellations made less than 120 days prior to departure, in addition to the standard Outdoor Recreation 10% cancellation fee, non-refundable third party fees may apply.
- If payment plan is made, initial 25% deposit is not refundable under any circumstances
- Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation strongly recommends purchasing travel insurance from a licensed vendor for this trip. Travel Insurance is available from USAA, ADAC and many credit card providers.
- Tel: +49 (0)631-3406-4117
- Military DSN Tel: (314)493-4117