Date: Feb 13 2020, 9:30 a.m. - Feb 17 2020
Spend Valentine's Weekend searching the skies for the elusive Northern Lights in Reykjavik, Iceland.
You are mistaken if you think a winter trip to the Land of Fire and Ice will be bitterly cold and scenically unattractive. This special trip from Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation will do away with that common prejudice, because Valentine's Weekend in Iceland will be one of the most amazing travel experiences you will ever have. Due to the warming effects of the Gulf Stream and Iceland’s geothermal activity, the northernmost capital in the world is a magical place to visit and is often the same temperature or warmer than Kaiserslautern. Your package will include a guided tour of Reykjavik, a scenic tour of the volcanic and geologically active countryside, and a free day for you to use visiting the Blue Lagoon Spa, riding the famous Icelandic Horses, or taking any of the exciting excursions and tours offered by the many tour operators in Reykjavik. The highlight of your trip will be when the photography professionals at the Aurora Center set up your camera for astro-photograpy, followed by a late night cruise by boat far from the city lights to search for the Aurora Borealis at sea.
Viewing the Northern Lights from a boat is a once in a lifetime experience! This trip has an early signup deadline, and previous trips have sold out at the speed of light. It will not wait for you to make up your mind. Download and complete the reservation packet (.pdf) and contact Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation today to reserve your space.
- Double Occupancy: Starting from $1849 per person
- Single Occupancy: Starting from $2299
- Children aged 2-11 sharing room with 2 paid adults: Starting from $1449 p.c.
- In the event of significant changes in taxes, fees or Euro/Dollar rate, price will be adjusted accordingly.
Air Ticketing Deadline: Reservations made on or after Wednedsay, January 15 will require new plane tickets to be ordered. The final price of the trip will be calculated once the updated airfare is known.
- Round trip transportation from Pulaski Barracks including airfare and airport shuttles
- 4 nights lodging at Centerhotel Plaza*** (or equivalent) with daily breakfast
- Guided tour of Reykjavik
- Admission to Aurora Center
- Admission to Wonders of Iceland
- Admission to Perlan Observation Deck
- Northern Lights Boat Trip
- Guided “Golden Circle” sightseeing trip
- 1 free day for your choice of Icelandic activities
- The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and their visibility is not guaranteed.
What to Bring:
- Comfortable, weather appropriate shoes & clothing incl. warm winter outerwear, hats, boots & gloves
- Quality camera with ability to change exposure times and disable flash, tripod and remote control
- Credit/Debit card or Icelandic Crowns
- Military ID and Passport
Departure: 9:30 a.m. from Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation, Pulaski Barracks bldg. 2905
Return: Around 2 p.m.
All reservations must be made through Army Outdoor Recreation. Sign up today by contacting:
Army Outdoor Recreation, Kaiserslautern Community
Pulaski Barracks, Bldg. 2905
To speed up your registration process, download and complete the reservation packet (.pdf) before you contact Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation to reserve your space.
- 1 piece of stowed luggage up to 23 kg (50 lbs) and 1 piece of hand luggage under 10 kg (22 lbs)
- Size and shape restrictions may apply at the gate, resulting in additional baggage fees
- In-flight meals and alcoholic beverages are not included
- Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation is not responsible for any changes made by IcelandAir to rules after publication
- Cancellations initiated by Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation will be fully refundable.
- For customer cancellations made less than 120 days prior to departure, in addition to the standard Outdoor Recreation 10% cancellation fee, non-refundable third party fees may apply.
- If payment plan is made, initial 25% deposit is not refundable under any circumstances
- Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation strongly recommends purchasing travel insurance from a licensed vendor for this trip. Travel Insurance is available from USAA, ADAC and many credit card providers.
- 10% for cancellations made before Monday, November 11
- 40% for cancellations made on or after Monday, November 11
- 60% for cancellations made on or after Tuesday, December 31
- 80% for cancellations made on or after Thursday, January 23
- 95% for cancellations made on or after Thursday, January 20
- 100% for cancellations made on or after Thursday, February 6
- In the event that a customer cancellation results in a fee charged to Outdoor Recreation, regardless of the date of that cancellation, the total sum of those fees will be passed along to the customer.
- Tel: +49 (0)631-3406-4117
- Military DSN Tel: (314)493-4117