- Double Occupancy: $1399 per person
- Single Occupancy: $1899
- Double Occupancy: $1599 per person
- Single Occupancy: $2099
- Child and infant rates available upon request based on ages and required room configuration.
- Lufthansa Initial Air Ticketing Deadline is Wednesday, December 29
- Airline and hotel price supplements may apply to all registrations made on or after Thursday, December 30.
- Round trip transportation starting at Pulaski Barracks to Dublin, including airfare and all airport and local shuttles
- 6 total overnights in 3 star hotels
- 1 overnight in Limerick
- 2 overnights in Galway
- 3 overnights in Dublin
- Daily breakfast
- City tour of Galway
- City tour of Dublin
- Entrance to Guinness Storehouse
- Entrance to Jameson Distillery
- Comfortable, weather appropriate shoes & clothing
- Credit/Debit Card or Euro
- Military ID and Passport
- 10% cancellation fee for all cancellations made on or prior Wednesday, December 29
- 55% cancellation fee for all cancellations made on or after Thursday, December 30
- 75% cancellation fee for all cancellations made on or after Thursday, February 10
- 85% cancellation fee for all cancellations made on or after Saturday, February 19
- 100% cancellation fee for all cancellations made on or after Saturday, February 26
- Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation strongly recommends purchasing travel insurance from a licensed vendor for this trip. Travel Insurance is available from USAA, ADAC and many credit card providers.
- In the event that a customer cancellation results in a fee charged to Outdoor Recreation, regardless of the date of that cancellation, the total sum of those fees will be passed along to the customer
- Out of an abundance of caution, and to minimize the risk of a passenger being forced off a trip while crossing an international border, Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation is currently restricting international travel to fully vaccinated and fully recovered passengers and children under the minimum age for testing/quarantine. Minimum age for testing/quarantine is determined by the individual countries and may be lower than the German minimum age of 12.
- In the event that an individual passenger is not able to participate in a confirmed trip due to COVID restrictions placed on the passenger, full cancellation penalties may be applied based on the date of the customer's cancellation.
- All participants are required to be in compliance with the rules for their destination and all countries of transit as listed in the Travel Planner on https://reopen.europa.eu at the time of departure. For travel remaining in Germany only, all passengers are required to be in compliance with all local laws in both Rheinland-Pfalz and the destination of travel (Bundesland).
- All Travel/COVID Documentation is the responsibility of the passenger.
- PCR and RAT (Rapid Antigen Tests) are the only approved testing methods. Self tests are not authorized for ODR travel.
- No refunds will be offered to passengers who are denied boarding or are removed from a trip for failure to follow COVID procedures.
- Trip timelines and schedule and COVID precautions are subject to change at any time.
- All trips are departing from the Pulaski Sports Pavilion in Pulaski Park until further notice.
- Masks covering your nose and mouth are required when boarding, disembarking or inside ODR vehicles.
- Hands must be sanitized before boarding ODR vehicles.
- Enter and exit through the rear door only.
- Seats may be assigned by ODR in advance to promote physical distancing and contact tracing. Requests for specific seats are not being accepted.
Mar 13 2022 - Mar 19 2022
After you land on the Emerald Isle you will be in place for a week of Irish culture and pride. Your visit to the Land of the Leprechaun will include overnights in Limerick, Galway and of course Dublin. Guided tours will familiarize you with both Dublin and Galway, while plenty of free time in all three will allow you to enjoy each of them however you want to. The highlight of your week in Ireland is sure to be when Dublin comes alive on Thursday for the world famous St. Patrick’s Festival and Parade!
Only those with the luck-o’-the-Irish ever get to celebrate St. Patricks Day in Dublin. Airline availability is extremely limited and early airline deadlines apply. A $200 early bird discount if you reserve your trip before December means these tickets will disappear quickly . Reserve your space with Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation today!
Sunday: Check in | Fly to Ireland | Limerick
A morning flight to Ireland will have you on the ground on the Emerald Isle before noon for a transfer to the city of Limerick, on Ireland’s western coast. From your hotel on the Shannon River you will be just a short walk away from the original heart of the medieval city, King’s Island, home to King John’s Castle and the “English Town”.
Monday : Galway
Your visit to Galway begins with a full day of free time. How will you spend it? Galway City has a reputation for being strongly associated with traditional Irish language, music, song and dancing. Two evenings at your 3 star hotel just 7 stops from downtown and waterfront will give you the chance to explore “Ireland’s Cultural Heart” from the waterfront to Nun’s Island and the cathedral.
A tour of Galway will introduce you to its most famous sites, which include Lynch’s Castle, the Menlo Castle ruins, the Hall of the Red Earl and the citys oldest district, the Claddagh.
Wednesday: Transfer to Dublin
Transferring to Dublin will put you in place for the festivities happening in Dublin on Paddy’s Day.
Your downtown hotel is located just steps away from St. Stephen’s Green and offers you easy access to downtown Dublin, not just for tomorrows Paddy’s Day festivities, but for the rest of your stay in Dublin.
Thursday: Paddy’s Day
Everybody is Irish on Paddy’s Day! Make sure you get an early start to your day so you can pre-position yourself at a prime viewing location along the route. O’Connell Bridge, Christchurch Cathedral and St. Patrick’s Cathedral are all popular sites to stake out in advance of the 2.5 km parade. Once the parade ends, the party is just beginning, and from any of these locations you are just a short distance away from the legendary Temple Bar district along the Liffey River Waterfront.
Friday: Dublin and Free Time
Friday morning will include a guided tour of Dublin, including visits to the Guinness Storehouse and the Jameson Distillery. After your tour is completed, you will have the rest of the day free to spend visiting your choice of Dublin’s tourist attractions. Whether you visit Dublin Castle, Trinity College or the National Leprechaun Museum, your afternoon in Dublin is sure to be just what you wanted.
Saturday: Free Time and Return to Kaiserslautern
Your return flight is not until the afternoon, so you get one more morning to enjoy in Dublin. This is your last chance to check anything you’ve missed off your list before your flight home.
Price, on or prior to 30 November:
Price, on or after to 1 December:
What to Bring:
Departure: 6 a.m.
Return: Around 11 p.m.
All reservations must be made through Army Outdoor Recreation. Sign up today by contacting:
Army Outdoor Recreation, Kaiserslautern Community
Pulaski Barracks, Bldg. 2905
To speed up your registration process, download and complete the reservation packet (.pdf) before you contact Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation to reserve your space.
COVID Precautions (Current as of 13 September 2021. May be superseded by Local/State/Federal level laws):