- Double Occupancy: $1349
- Single Occupancy: $1519
- Adult, Family Room: $1429
- Up to two children under 12 in Family Room with 2 paid adults: $899
- Infants under 2 on existing bedding: $399
- Registrations made on or after Saturday, September 24 will be subject to availability and airline ticket price increases.
- Round trip transportation including Airfare and airport shuttles
- 4 overnights at Hotel Dolmen**** or equivalent
- Daily breakfast and dinner
- New Years Event incl. beer, soft drinks or water
- Comfortable, weather appropriate shoes and clothing
- Credit/Debit Card or Euro
- Military ID, Tourist Passport and EU Digital COVID Certificate
Dec 29 2022, 6 am - Jan 2 2023
Spend New Years on the Sunny Islands of Malta, known far and wide for history, wine, and 300 annual days of sunshine.
From your 4 star beach resort in Qawra, one of Malta’s top leisure and entertainment districts, you will find yourself overlooking St. Paul's Bay and the blue flag rated Bugibba Perched Beach along the oceanside promenade. Once you are in Malta, you can sign up for your choice of many bus and boat day trips, many of which pick you up right at the hotel and will whisk you across the long island of Malta to major attractions like Popeye Village or the historic cities of Valetta and Mdina. You can cruise to the Blue Lagoon at Comino, or you can take a day tour of the island of Gozo where you can visit the 7000 year old temples and Game of Thrones filming sites. If playing in the water is more your speed, you will be glad to know that Malta is a world renowned SCUBA destination where the water is still warm enough for diving, even in December.
Malta gets 300 days of sunshine every year! Reserve your space today to enjoy 5 of them, however you wish, with Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation.
Thursday: Kaiserslautern to Malta
Your morning flight to Malta will have you on The Sunny Islands and checked into your 4 star beach resort complex by early afternoon, putting you in position for an unforgettable New Years Eve. Put away your parka when you reach Frankfurt Airport; you wont need it again until next year! Maltas mild winters rarely get below 50 degrees, so you will enjoy a preview of spring this New Years Weekend.
Friday: Free Day
How will you spend your free day in Malta? That is up to you, but the 6000 year old Neolithic temples on Gozo are worth a visit, as is Comino’s Blue Lagoon. The medieval cities of M’dina and Rabat will show you pieces of Malta’s multicultural history, with Muslim and Christian influences atop much older remnants from the Greeks, Romans, and Byzantines. Interacting with various reptiles, birds and sea mammals, or even swimming with the dolphins at Mediterraneo Marine Park, Malta’s version of Sea World will appeal to nature lovers of all ages.
New Years Eve
In recent years, casual Maltese traditions focusing on family have given way to thrilling fireworks and bustling street parties from one end of the island to the other. The biggest parties are in Paceville and St. Julians, Floriana, and of course the capital city Valetta, the former fortress of the Knights of St. John, but the Maltese love their fireworks and they are part of every celebration. For a unique New Years experience, you can book a boat tour and view the fireworks from a more intimate environment at sea. If you choose to stay in for the years end, you are cordially invited to attend the Gala New Years Dinner Event in the hotel complex, which is included in your package. Make sure to try the traditional Imbuljuta Tal-Qastan, a bigger and better version of hot chocolate which is made of is made from dried chestnuts, cocoa, tangerine rind, cloves and sugar, which takes the place of the familiar Gluhwein.
New Years Day
New Years Day is a public holiday, but the Maltese Classic Car Collection will be open this morning, and anyone can always enjoy Malta’s beaches and historic cities and locations. The Buggiba Perched Beach is just a few steps away from the resort, and overlooks the beautiful and historic St. Paul’s Bay.
Sunday: Return to Kaiserslautern
You wont have to rush to the airport at the first thing in the morning today, your early afternoon flight will allow you to have a leisurely breakfast before transferring to the airport. After spending New Years Eve in Malta and allowing your skin to absorb some much missed Vitamin D, you will surely be sad to unpack your jackets in Frankfurt on your way back to Kaiserslautern.
Deadlines and Discounts:
What to Bring:
Departure: 6 a.m.
Return: Around 7 p.m.
All reservations must be made through Army Outdoor Recreation. Sign up today by downloading the registration form and submitting it to:
Army Outdoor Recreation, Kaiserslautern Community
Pulaski Barracks, Bldg. 2905
All participants are required to be in compliance with the vaccination/testing rules for their destination and all countries of transit as listed in the Travel Planner on https://reopen.europa.eu at the time of departure and throughout the trip.
- 10% cancellation fee for all cancellations made on or prior to Friday, September 23
- 55% cancellation fee for all cancellations made on or after Saturday, September 24
- 75% cancellation fee for all cancellations made on or after Monday, November 14
- 85% cancellation fee for all cancellations made on or after Wednesday, December 7
- 100% cancellation fee for all cancellations made on or after Wednesday, December 14
- In the event that an individual passenger is not able to participate in a confirmed trip due to COVID restrictions placed on the passenger, full cancellation penalties may be applied based on the date of the customer's cancellation
- In the event that a customer cancellation results in a fee charged to Outdoor Recreation, regardless of the date of or reason for that cancellation, the total sum of those fees will be passed along to the customer.
COVID Precautions (Current as of 1 April, 2022. May be superseded by Local/State/Federal level laws):
- Service is restricted to vaccinated, recovered, or recently tested personnel (Antigen test valid for 24hrs, PCR test valid for 48hrs). Mask wear and distancing applies to all.
- Effective 6 November, 2021, all trips are departing from Kaiserslautern Outdoor Recreation, Pulaski Barracks, bldg. 2905
- In the event that an individual passenger is not able to participate in a confirmed trip due to COVID restrictions placed on the passenger, full cancellation penalties may be applied based on the date of the customer's cancellation.
- All participants are required to be in compliance with the rules for their destination and all countries of transit as listed in the Travel Planner on https://reopen.europa.eu at the time of departure.
- All Travel/COVID Documentation is the responsibility of the passenger.
- PCR and RAT (Rapid Antigen Tests) are the only approved testing methods. Self tests are not authorized for international travel.
- No refunds will be offered to passengers who are denied boarding or are removed from a trip for failure to follow COVID procedures.
- Trip timelines and schedule and COVID precautions are subject to change at any time.
- Masks covering your nose and mouth are required when boarding, disembarking or inside ODR vehicles.
- Hands must be sanitized before boarding ODR vehicles.
- Enter and exit through the rear door only.
- Seats may be assigned by ODR in advance to promote physical distancing and contact tracing. Requests for specific seats are not being accepted.