Functional Fitness ROB
- Functional Fitness Building Rules (SOP)
1. PURPOSE: To establish the policies and procedures for USAG Rheinland-Pfalz Sports and Fitness Functional Fitness Building, 229 Rhine Ordnance Barracks (ROB).
2. APPLICABILITY: This SOP applies to the Functional Fitness Building assigned to USAG Rheinland-Pfalz Sports & Fitness Section.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The following personnel are authorized to use USAG Rheinland-Pfalz Sports and Fitness facility IAW AR 215-1 must sign in or manually be signed into facility: - All U.S. active duty military. - DOD Civilians and Family Members 18 and older.
4. FACILITY USAGE: The primary use of the facility, Bldg. 229 ROB, will be for “Functional Fitness” area only. The training will be the unit/individual responsibility. Operating hours are Monday-Friday: 0500-1900, Saturday-Sunday: 1030-1530 and Training Holidays: 0900-1700. The key can be signed out at the ROB Fitness Center Bldg. 172 (DSN 493-2241/CIV 0631-3406-2241).
5. GENERAL RULES: Users of the Functional Fitness facility will be responsible for adhering to all facility guidelines, concerning protection, cleanliness as well as the safety of patrons. a. All equipment signed out must be returned the same day or by arrangement with the facility manager.
b. Return all weights and equipment to rack after use.
c. Sanitize equipment after use.
d. Use a spotter when lifting. NO EXCEPTIONS!
e. No food or drinks besides bottled water.
f. Appropriate gym dress – includes clean clothing and athletic shoes.
g. No horseplay.
h. Be considerate of others.
i. Use one machine or pieces of equipment at a time and allow others to use equipment in between your sets.
j. Put all bags in a wall locker that is provided.
k. During PT hours of 0500-0830 ambient music is permitted. Hours of 0830 until closing, head phones “must” be used with all devices.
l. Report any damage to the equipment “immediately”.
m.No pets will be allowed in the facility.
n. No bicycle, moped or motorcycle will be allowed or stored in the indoor facility.
o. No “Chalk”.
p. At least two people must be in the facility at all times
6. MEDICIAL: For minor injuries, cuts, scratches, etc., we have a small first aid kit plus an AED at the counter. Notify the manager on duty. For major injuries call 112.
7. SUSPENSION OF PRIVILEGES: Any person using the facility who willfully abuses staff or destroys property, or does not comply with facility rules will be reported to their “Chain of Command”.
The Chief of Fitness, Athletics and Aquatics will notify the Unit Commander in writing of the penalty imposed upon the individual(s).
8. POC: Daniel Washington at DSN: 493-2088 or CIV: 0631-3406-2088.
Hours of Operation
|Monday||5 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Tuesday||5 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Wednesday||5 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Thursday||5 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Friday||5 a.m. - 7 p.m.|
|Saturday||10:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.|
|Sunday||10:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.|
|Federal/Training Holidays||9 a.m. - 5 p.m.|
Rhine Ordnance Barracks (ROB)
Military DSN Tel:
The Functional Fitness Center is available to all ID card holders. In order to use the building, go to building 172 in ROB (Fitness Center) and sign the key out.
Available anywhere from 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday to Friday.