An official army family and MWR Site

Register - Parent Central Services

Child, & Youth Services (CYS)  welcomes you into our community. It is our mission to provide affordable, high-quality age-appropriate recreational and learning programs that incorporate character building concepts through activities and social interaction for children of eligible military and civilian families.

Parent Central Services is here to help you get started! When you enroll your children, you begin new experiences and relationships. We have a responsibility to protect the health, safety and well-being of your child. Begin here!


1. My child is on medication; can he/she bring the medication with him/her to a CYS Services facility or activity? 

It depends on the medication. Some medications need to be specifically approved and some are not allowed (such as over-the-counter meds), while rescue meds must be accompanied by a Medical Action Plan.  But don’t worry, at the time of registration all parents complete a Health Screening Tool and if necessary we will begin the Multi-Disciplinary Inclusion Action Team process to determine what accommodations your child will require while using CYS.

2. What happens if there is an unplanned school closure?

Anytime the schools are closed, CYS part-day programs will not take place and the School Age Centers at Landstuhl and Sembach will open for full day hours. If there is a delayed school opening due to inclement weather, the Child Development Centers and School Age Centers will both open at 7:30 a.m. per the USAG Rheinland-Pfalz Inclement Weather Policy.

3. How do I register my child for a school on a different installation than my home installation?

For information on school registration, contact the School Liaison Officer at DSN: (314)541-9061 or Commercial: +49 (0)611-143-541-9061 . Your School Liaison Officer will put you in touch with the School Liaison Officer at the installation you’re interested in to get the registration process started. Otherwise, feel free to visit the School Liaison Officer (SLO) facility page for information on how the School Liaison Officer can assist with school transitions.

4. Where can I get information on the CYS Services directors and management staff?

Unfortunately, we cannot share personally identifiable information on our public website; however, this information can be requested by using the "Email Us" button located at the top of this Facility page within the "Hours of Operation" block. This will link you directly to an "Email Submission Form" and then, your email inquiry will be sent directly to a customer support representative for assistance.

5. Where do I find the program center?

Parent Central Services is located on Rhine Ordnance Barracks, Bldg. 162,  DSN: (314)541-9065/66/67 or Commercial: +49 (0)611-143-541-9065 or +49 (0)611-143-541-66 or +49 (0)611-143-541-67. If we cannot help you over the phone, appointments are available. 

6. How do I register my child with CYS Services?

To register, simply call Parent Central Services on Rhine Ordnance Barracks to make an appoitment. For forms, times and contact information and what is required for a complete registration, please scroll to the top of this page and click to expand the “Registration and Forms” link.

7. Is childcare available only on post?

Childcare through CYS currently is provided on post in Child Development Centers (CDCs) and School Age Centers (SACs) located throughout U.S. Army Garrison Rheinland-Pfalz. For a full list of centers, please feel free to view our Childcare Facility Page. The Air Force offers care on Air Force ran installations (to include Vogelweh, Ramstein and Kapaun). 

8. How much do the different programs cost?

All child care program fees are based on Total Family Income calculated during the registration process. Each school year the Higher Headquarters releases a new fee chart to reflect any changes in fees. Please contact Parent Central Services for more information or to obtain a current fee chart.

9. How do I decide which school on which installation to send my child to if there are multiple in my area?

School zones are based on where you live. For more information, please contact the School Liaison Officer at DSN: (314)541-9061 or Commercial: +49 (0)611-143-541-9061.

10. Do buses take children both on and off-post?

Yes, school buses pick up and drop off children from multiple locations both on and off post.  For a list of locations, contact the School Liaison Officer at DSN: (314)541-9061 or Commercial: +49 (0)611-143-541-9061.

11. Is there other alternatives available for child care? 

Family Child Care (FCC) is a great alternative to the CDC for child care. FCC providers are independent business operators and work under their own contracts with the parents of the children they care for. The FCC program is managed by the Air Force in the Kaiserslautern Military Community (KMC). For information on FCC please contact the Air Force Services - 86th FSS Familiy Child Care website.

More Child & Youth Services


CYS Recruitment Fair

Sep 28 9 am - 12 pm

CYS Recruitment Fair

Sep 28 9 am - 12 pm